|CURRENT RECORD HOLDER:
Jim Peruto 217.5570 MPH
PREVIOUS RECORD HOLDERS:
Chuck Schafer & Gary Bockman 207.7801 MPH
The following are the qualifying rules for contestants desiring to contest and hold this World’s
Record. These requirements are in addition to all of the requirements and rules governing the
running of the Silver State Classic Challenge Series of Open Road Races.
1. Participant drivers must be at least 21 years of age and must have run and successfully
completed this event at least one time previously at a target speed of 180 miles per hour or
greater and be entered in the Unlimited Division.
2. Vehicles must be adequately prepared and pass the technical inspection of SSCC for the
Unlimited Division of competition. All vehicles competing for this World’s Record must be
powered by internal combustion engines running pump fuel. The addition of octane performance
boosters is permitted. Turbo chargers and superchargers are also permitted. All vehicles must
also be closed wheel and have the appearance of a production automobile or truck.
3. The Record will be held by the driver who completes the 90-mile course in the shortest
possible time and will reflect both the time and average speed. Record attempts may only be
made on State Route #318 and only during the Nevada Open Road Challenge or Silver State
Classic Challenge events. Any attempts to practice for these events at greater than the posted
speed limits at any other time or on any other public highway in the State of Nevada will result
in disqualification for contenders, and loss of the title for record holders.
4. All participants in the events of SSCC entered in the Unlimited Division are automatically
considered competitors for the World’s Record. Anyone running in any lower speed division
does not qualify to compete for the record and will not be considered.
5. All holders of the Public Highway Land Speed Record will be listed on two perpetual
trophies, one in the Capital Building of the State of Nevada in Carson City, and the other to be
maintained at Silver State Classic Challenge office in Las Vegas, Nevada.